Friday, January 19, 2007

Update on the Chunkster Challenge

So, I've been reading one of the books in the challenge, Labyrinth and I discover it's seems a little like a romance novel. I thought it would be more of a suspense but it has some of the more seedier elements of romance writing. I'm not sure I would recommend it but I'm only a hundred pages in (there are 508 pages) so I better reserve judgment.

I've decided to add another book to the challenge, even though this might not seem like such a great idea given the fact that I haven't made a much of a dent in my reading list but I noticed this book when I was at Borders and decided it looked interesting and since it was 619 pages, it certainly qualified as a chunkster :-) It is Robert Liparulo's Comes a Horseman. I don't usually read Christian novels because the ones that I've read were poorly written and had bad theology but since it was endorsed by one of the authors I like to read, James Rollins, I thought I would give it a shot.

I'm going to try to finish both of these novels before I go back to school because I won't have time to read novels after that.

2 Comments:

  1. Pamela said...
    most of the reviews on Amazon said the book reeks.

    Is it something you would normally read?

    I'm reading nothing right now. My brain is melting away... well most of it is reattaching on my backside. I guess right now I'm being a smart arse (:
    michele said...
    Yeah, actually I thought it was like the books I read, action and adventure but it has too many descriptions and they are overwhelming the action. And they bedroom scenes are too descriptive.

Post a Comment



Design | Elque 2007