Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Love is such a roller coaster ride!

So many ups and downs it gets tiring after awhile. Your love goes away and then comes back and you are ecstatic and you make all these plans only to find that your love has to leave again. *sniff* *sniff* It's just not fair. Why do I have to live without my laptop another moment?

The computer guy called tonight and told me that me laptop was done, so I rushed to the store and there it was, all shiny and new and ready to be booted up. All my stuff was still on the computer, they didn't have to replace the hard drive after all. I didn't need a backup but I was so happy, I didn't care. I brought it home and fixed some software problems and then I discovered that the DVD drive was not working right when I tried to install my Palm software. Why don't these people check to make sure all the devices work when they replace the motherboard? Hmmmm?

Their incompetence is causing me to be parted from my love, right when I was so happy to be reunited. *sniff* *sniff* Love is cruel and cuts you like a knife.

9 Comments:

  1. Pamela said...
    can you blame your lap top? You're the one having the asignation with the Palm TX
    michele said...
    Oh My! I didn't even think about that and here I was trying to load the Palm TX software and it couldn't take it and rejected the CD. How cruel!
    casey said...
    I think you need a mac.
    Mike Y said...
    I'm so sorry to hear about that. It does stink and can be quite frustrating.

    BTW, I agree with Casey. You need a Mac. I am looking to replace a couple of Windows PCs that are less than a year old. But my Mac always seems to work. On the PC side, my IBM Thinkpads were always reliable and had quick turn around from IBM. I'm not so sure now that it's Lenovo.

    What I like about these two companies is that I can make a call, have a box arrive the next morning, send out the laptop and get it back within a week.
    michele said...
    A mac? Bite your tongue, people! I have thousands of dollars invested in software that would be useless if I switched to a Mac (ok, 1,000s may be an exaggeration but close to a 1,000 isn't).
    Anonymous said...
    I'm sure your husband is thrilled about it, no?
    michele said...
    Let's just say he may have been the inspiration for this post :-)
    casey said...
    You may be able to get a box the next day...but imagine the possibilities if you didn't need a box...ever...

    I just bought another mac. I replaced my iBook G4 with a MacBook. Moving into my dissertation phase, so, thought it was a good time to get a new computer.

    As for the software. Let me guess...BibleWorks? Must be a couple others too, if it is a thousand. Mac has a solution for that to...Parallels. You can run Windows on your mac, and any application in Windows, and as far as I know (I don't use it myself) it runs just as quickly as if it was on a PC.

    Something to think about...
    Robin said...
    I'm feelin' your pain...or I woulda been if I had read this last week ;).

Post a Comment



Design | Elque 2007