Monday, October 30, 2006

Poor Samantha!

Samantha was going to play video games today when she got home from school and she leaned on the cabinet to look for the games and the TV fell and hit her on the head! Thank the Lord she's OK but she's really upset because she broke the TV.

She keeps wanting me to punish her because she feels bad. She's in shock that I'm not mad at her. I keep telling her that it's not her vault but it doesn't seem to help. I'm just thankful she's OK and didn't get hurt.

We had an old 13-inch that we'll be watching until my husband buys a new one. It seems so small after having a 28-inch screen TV. Lesson of the day: enjoy your toys while you have them, one day they could be taken away :-( and make sure to keep your kids away for the TV cabinet unless you're sure it's sturdy.

Updated: My husband is the man! He was able to fix the TV. Yeah! But now he's bummed because he priced out a flat panel TV and won't be getting one.

Tags: , ,

10 Comments:

  1. Pamela said...
    ouch.
    and ouch for cost of tv, too.
    Chris Campbell said...
    I'm so glad she's ok! That has happened many times here in the Houston area and unfortunately the children that were involved didn't fare as well. Praise God for your daughter's safety!
    michele said...
    Thanks Chris and Pamela, I'm praising God as well.

    Chris, I had heard that children where killed when the TV fell on them and know how blessed we are. I think that the angle that the TV fell and the height of the cabinet and her height were huge factors.
    Rodney Olsen said...
    I know just how you're feeling.

    Our TV stopped working some months ago. While we couldn't really afford a new one we did find the best deal on a new wide screen and were looking at ways to pay for one.

    My father-in-law is very handy with electronics and so he fixed our old TV. We no longer had reason to buy the wonderful new set. It was great that we saved money but that wide screen would have looked so nice in our family room. :)
    Kailani said...
    That's really mature of her to feel bad about it! Poor girl! Glad to hear she didn't get hurt.
    michele said...
    Kailani, Samantha has a wonderfully tender heart for these things. I was so happy, for her benefit that Doug was able to fix the TV.

    Rodney, yes, a TV we could hang on the wall would have been cool but I'm glad we didn't have to spend the money.
    mago said...
    "She keeps wanting me to punish her because she feels bad. She's in shock that I'm not mad at her. I keep telling her that it's not her vault but it doesn't seem to help. I'm just thankful she's OK and didn't get hurt."

    Hello. I am just dropping by. I have a question: Why is it difficult for Your daughter to realize that the broken tvset is not her "mistake"? Sorry for asking such an indesent question, but it just sprang to my mind.

    mago
    michele said...
    I think she felt bad because she loved the TV and was mad at herself for breaking it. Kids want to be punished sometimes to help them alleviate the guilt that they are feeling.
    mago said...
    Hello.
    Guilt?
    English is not my genuin language and I do not know the "real" - better: full - meaning of this wort. I think it is a bit heavy, like something eternal.

    I just traveled the web and the blogs, and came here.
    I do not want to disturb You in any way. It is late and i am very tired. This is just a kind of "last look around". Thank You for commenting.
    mago
    michele said...
    Guilt is something we all feel. We may not think of it was eternal and in Samantha's case Christ took her guilt for her. I just have to remind her of that fact.

Post a Comment



Design | Elque 2007