Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Death in the Family

My mother left a message on my machine last night that she had some bad news. When she calls after 10:00 and says something like that, I know someone is sick, in the hospital or has died. I think immediately that it's my grandma because she just celebrated her 89th birthday and is getting a little weaker. But it wasn't Grandma, it was one of my cousins. He died from a blood clot. Just like that, I wasn't expecting it, he wasn't sick. He was a number of years younger than me and has a wife and young daughter. He also had really great parents (wonderful, funny, loving parents) and a wonderful brother and sister who are going to miss him a lot. This is devastating news for the family, since it was so sudden and he died pretty young. I ask for prayers for them, they are going to really need them to get through this awful time.

7 Comments:

  1. Carrie said...
    Sorry Michele! Said a prayer for the family.
    Susan said...
    So sorry to hear about this.

    I will pray for your family.
    Kevin Stilley said...
    We are praying that all involved will experience His comfort and peace.
    michele said...
    Thank you all for your prayers.
    Ellen said...
    You're all in my prayers.
    Pamela said...
    It happens just so fast.. and tomorrow is never a promise.

    When someone Knows his Father... there is peace in the knowledge that we will see them again.

    How sad for people who have no Hope.. no Faith.... No Savior

    May you all find comfort in His arms tonight..
    lori said...
    I will be praying for all of you. We just never know when it is our time.

Post a Comment



Design | Elque 2007