Friday, August 11, 2006

UK Terrorist Plot

I've been blogging about the UK terrorist plot on Reformed Chicks and I have to admit I'm really nervous about flying right now. I'm going to Phoenix and I'm not thrilled about flying. I haven't flown since before 9/11, my husband has flown but I haven't, not because I've been afraid but because I haven't had the opportunity but now that I have the opportunity, I'm afraid to fly.

The last time I was scheduled to fly was to Seattle and I was really looking forward to it. I was going to stay at a great hotel and had plenty of time to go sight-seeing and I was going to get to go into Canada on a ship and have high tea at a well-known restaurant. My parents were going to take my kids for a week and I was looking forward to it for months and I planned every moment of the trip. I've been to Seattle before and I was really looking forward to going back again and there were tons of things I didn't get to see when I was there and there were things I wanted to see again. My flight was scheduled for September 14, 2001. As you might have guessed I didn't go.

BTW, I know that the Lord is in control of everything and that He has numbered my days, that I could be hit by a bus tomorrow, etc. I know all that, I'm still afraid and God knows why (I don't want to leave my kids without a mom). But I do keep telling myself that He will never leave me or forsake me.

7 Comments:

  1. Carrie said...
    I have always had a fear of flying and 9/11 has only intensified that fear. I hadn't flown since 9/11 until this past Christmas when my grandmother was quite ill and time was short. It was tough.

    While I know that God is in complete control, I still can't seem to let go of the flying thing. Glad I'm not the only one who struggles with this.
    lori said...
    My daughter (18) flies out tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. to go to Florida on vacation with a family from my church. I am really trying not to worry myself sick about it. I try to leave things like this in the Lord's hands but sometimes it is very hard when you hear all the stuff that is going on right now. She has had this trip planned since January. I wanted to ask her not to go, but she has been working two jobs for months to save for this trip.
    lori said...
    BTW- I hope you don't mind, I blogged about my daughter leaving for Florida and I linked the blog to this post. You are a very gifted writing. I think others will enjoy your post as well.
    michele said...
    Thank you, Lori that's very nice. I don't mind at all.

    I will pray for you daughter's safety. I know how you feel, my daughters stay with my parents sometimes and with my in-laws and I'm so nervous the whole time, but I know that I can't hold them back because of my nervousness. I have to let them go and trust that the Lord will protect them but it is really, hard and it doesn't stop me from worrying :-) I guess that's what it means to be a mom.
    Kailani said...
    I think it's only natural to have some reservations about flying, especially since 9/11. You're definitely not alone. I have to console passengers almost on a daily basis!
    michele said...
    Your job must have gotten much harder since 9/11
    Terror-Free Oil said...
    MPAC False Claim: Local Muslims Foiled UK Terror Plot
    http://www.terrorfreeoil.org/videos/MS081106.php - video

Post a Comment



Design | Elque 2007