Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bible Discussion

OK, I'm going to take the plunge and start the discussion off by asking if anyone would like to take a stab at answering this question: what is the significance of Samson's mother's barrenness?

Updated to add: OK, we got a good answer but I was looking for something a little more specific. Here is a question that should hone in on the answer I'm looking for: what is the significance of the barrenness based on the commandments of God to the people of Israel before they entered the promised land?

Updated to add: Here's another hint, read Deut. 28. You should find the answer there.

Updated again to add: Go here for the answer to the question and more of the study.

6 Comments:

  1. Kim from Hiraeth said...
    I have an idea but since I haven't done the study yet (I will, Michele! I'm looking forward to it!) I won't post it--yet.

    I hope the train doesn't leave the station while I'm otherwise occupied. . .(that was selfish, wasn't it?--sorry.)
    Kim from Hiraeth said...
    BTW, I'm printing the study out so that I can do it in the car on the way to Ohio next weekend. Hopefully, I'll come back caught up and ready to go.
    michele said...
    Don't worry, I plan to take this slowly. I know that people are busy with Easter (or Resurrection Sunday) and this might not have been the best time to do this :-). But it worked for me and I figured people could always get to it when they have time.
    doug said...
    The barrenness highlights God’s favor in bringing a child to a childless family. The child will eventually serve the Lord in a special way. The same is true of the birth of Isaac, Jacob, Samuel, and John the Baptist.
    michele said...
    Welcome to my blog, Doug!

    Good answer but I've narrowed the question to get to what I had in mind.
    sherry said...
    I've read Deut 28 and I still don't have an answer. My original answer was going to be Dougs answer, but I see that is not the answer you were looking for.

Post a Comment



Design | Elque 2007